Itâ€™s bad enough when the car breaks down, but when you have the whole family along – including small children – and have to spend time waiting for a tow truck or sitting in the waiting area of an auto repair shop, it is a total nightmare. Children get bored easily, and they pick up on their parentâ€™s stress levels. And bored, stressed out children create an air of misery that no one in the area can escape. The good news is that with a little preparation, you can meet a car break down head on and survive it with reasonably cheerful children. When stuck at the mechanicâ€™s garage for car repair, parents who are ready can keep the children entertained and happy for a couple of hours. So what do you need?
What to Put in Your Emergency Bag for the Kids
First, you do not need a huge bagâ€¦ unless you have a huge family of course! A simple cooler bag is your best bet. These items donâ€™t really need to be cool, but you donâ€™t want them too warm either and cooler bags have a bit of padding that will help them survive a bit of kicking around if necessary. Your bag can simply stay in the car all the time, which will ensure it is not left at home when and if you need it. Please note this bag is just to keep everyone happy during a wait. It is wise to also have a first aid kit and a basic roadside emergency in your vehicle at all times launch x431 v+.
1. Bottled water should be at the top of the list. Dehydration can be a real concern in warm weather, and when you consider that dehydration is a major component of a hangover, you can quickly see why you want to make every effort to keep the kids and yourself from being dehydrated in already difficult situation.
2. Non-perishable snacks. Consider the scenario that will unfold if you fish out snacks for your hungry little hoard and then discover they are inedible. Pick snacks with a very long shelf life that do not need to be kept cold. Keep them in their original, sealed packaging, and check them regularly.
3. Paper and markers. Avoid crayons because they can melt a bit in a hot car. Children of any age enjoy drawing and they can also play games such as tick tack toe and hangman to pass the time.
4. Pick up the travel version of a popular game such as dominos. Look for ones that come in a sturdy case for easy and tidy storage and do not require a lot of room to play autointhebox coupon code.
5. A pack of cards and a pocket book of rules for different games. Even little ones can enjoy a round of snap and you can make up endless matching and counting games.
Take the misery out of waiting for car repair by spending a little time and a few dollars to be prepared.